SAY NO TO
Tech note: Some browsers will not open clicked links to other websites. Pending investigation, a workaround is to right-click a link and open in a new tab or window. Watch this space.
Some important things that you might not know about?
The government wants new 5G wireless technology rolled out to the whole country before 2027. This will have a massive effect on everybody’s lives. Were you asked if this was what you wanted when big decisions were made?
Several reservations have been expressed on the justification and value for taxpayers’ money in promoting 5G if demand isn’t really there:
“…the business case for the investment required for the deployment of 5G is not yet established…. the Government and wider public sector can therefore play a vital role in driving early demand as a major purchaser of 5G services as well as helping to address issues around public perception…”
(p8/9, Next Generation Mobile Technologies: A 5G Strategy for the UK, March 2017)
Leading privacy campaigners Privacy International had firm reservations on 5G.
Investigative IT website The Register highlighted how 5G was being developed for sinister population monitoring in the UK (using public funds) and China. Campaign group BigBrotherWatch outlined how UK police have been using indiscriminate facial recognition without due legal basis or scrutiny – and have highlighted how 98% of facial ‘matches’ by the Met have actually identified the wrong people!
Steve Purser, a director of European communications security watchdog, ENISA, warned that the 5G technology had not been designed with security in mind, making it impossible to have “efficient security”.
We need a full and honest debate. This website is being developed to highlight growing concerns on 5G health, safety, privacy and security issues. We are planning a further Q&A feature to cover the public’s main questions… watch this space!
Websites to cover the important issues
● For now, here are some of the better websites covering the issues:
● Here are some Industry websites, technical articles professionally exploring the practical issues and exposing the hype:
● Also worth a look for industry developments (technical).
Leaflets to download, print and share
● Here’s some leaflets produced by others:
● And our own leaflets, particularly relevant to LB Hammersmith and Fulham…(PDF)
Community leaflet on the 5G basics and action you can take.
2 x A5, great for emailing. We can advise on printing.
Paper copies also available for distribution.
Shows how 5G will be installed in your street and the likely effects.
A4. First page can be used as a haunting ‘How safe is 5G’ poster.
Notes: Clarification on ‘ionising’ and ‘non-ionising radiation’ useful.
We are happy to help community groups customise their own material.
Pamphlets to inform, ideally for the more technically literate
● A summary of 5G issues from 5GExposed. Only 4 pages.
● Michael Bevington of ES-UK exposes serious flaws in the WHO and ICNIRP’s claims on health, 5G and RF wireless radiation. Only 9 pages.
● Michael Bevington of ES-UK rebuts ICNIRP’s claims on mobile phone safety. Only 3 pages.
● Prof Tom Butler exposes the risks to children from RF wireless radiation at school and in the home.
● Radiation Research Trust Director Eileen O’Connor responds to the recent consultation on making it easier to install apparatus for 5G. Only 5 pages.
● 5G in Merton have produced a compact but comprehensive set of arguments for a halt on rolling out 5G – ‘Why The Precautionary Principle Needs to be Applied’. There’s some technical content, but it’s referenced and readable.
● Dr Sarah Starkey covers 'Inaccurate official assessment of radiofrequency safety by AGNIR'. Implicates ICNIRP and exposes conflicts of interest. Only 11 pages.
● For those keen to make representations to a Council, legal eagle Jessica has produced a comprehensive set of notes answering the most common questions (p3). Those wanting supporting detail can find it in an annex (‘Schedule’, 12MB DOCX).
● … and if you’ve got plenty of reading time, the most comprehensive study on 5G and EMF hazards by Martin L. Pall, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences, Washington State University…
● … and if you just want a quick summary of the worst effects identified by Dr Pall, click here and scroll down. This page also lists the main UK government, GLA, EU and industry background documents on 5G.
Videos to enjoy
● A 2 minute summary introduction for those totally new to 5G.
● A 10 minute video featuring a former President of Microsoft opposing 5G.
● In a recommended video of about 30 mins, Barrie Trower, a trustee of Radiation Research, covers radiation impact and provides a link on employers’ duty under UK law to protect employees’ health.
● The 5G Apocalypse event in Chelsea featured a recommended presentation on health matters by Jacques Bauer. About 14min 45sec into the fuller video.
● Some talks from the Radiation Research 2019 conference “Can Wireless Communications Damage Your Health?” are now available. Brian Stein’s on industry lobbying is particularly recommended. There’s also an independent summary of the main conference points available.
A dramatic full length film
● A full length film of about 80 mins, explores the impact on health and privacy, and why officials have let us down. Not everyone will agree on all points, but this film is highly watchable and revealing.
● …and finally, for knowledge enthusiasts, there’s a range of expert video interviews available from https://the5gsummit.com/. You can get free access online for a week by registering. There are also options to buy packages such as transcripts only, access to the full set online with/without a flash drive set.
Petitions to sign and tell your friends about
Click HERE for Jessica’s petition
(38 Deg) for a halt to the 5G roll-out
Click HERE for the national petition
(Parl) for a halt to the 5G roll-out
(Petitions suspended by Parliament
due to limp excuse of a general election)
Support us - or develop your own ideas for action
We are building a network of concerned citizens in London and beyond – people just like you. We want people to be active in ways that suit their own circumstances and free time – taking the initiative, but knowing help can be found where needed.
For more information or to offer help: If in LB Hammersmith & Fulham, please email:
hfnoto5g ‘AT’ gmail.com
For all other enquiries:
.contact ‘AT’ saynoto5g.uk