STOP THE MASTS
Make sure you get your objections in to stop them being approved. Every time we stop a mast, it strikes a blow for sanity.
MASTS IN LB HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM
For more information and action: www.saynoto5g.uk/wlc.htm
Proposed site: By junction of Gliddon Road and the A4 Talgarth Rd by Ealing Hammersmith & West London College, W14 9BL
Deadline: 23 September.
For more information and action: www.saynoto5g.uk/gwr.htm
Proposed site: By junction of the A4 Great West Rd with North Verbena Gardens, W6 9AF, This is near to the boundary of LB Hammersmith & Fulham with LB Hounslow.
Deadline: 30 September.
For more information and action: https://bit.ly/3i8rH6t
Proposed site: Opposite 90 Putney Bridge Rd. SW15
Deadline: 17 Sept.
You can say that the 20m/66ft monopole will detract from the view of the Wandsworth Town Conservation Area. (NB Unlike H&F, their planning system displays personal address details, so please only make online comments you are happy to have made public.
Otherwise you can email them: firstname.lastname@example.org – please mention a local connection (e.g. I shop in Wandsworth) and the reference number: 2020/2900).
LB Merton – individually well described
001 Wimbledon Village (deadline 11 Sept)
002 West Mitcham (deadline 12 Sept)
003 Morden (deadline 14 Sept)
004 Wimbledon (deadline 18 Sept)
005 Morden (deadline 23 Sept)
● We will consider hosting links to pages that make it easy for readers to object and show when action is needed by. Please advise in good time.
● DO make it clear as to which planning application you are objecting (e.g. 2019/999/TEL56) if not using the online Local Authority system (‘planning portal’) indexed by the number.
● DON’T miss the requested deadline for comments. Some local authorities may consider later comments, but others will not. Make sure your objection counts.
● DO be to the point and keep your objection as short as possible. A Planning Officer will have to read many comments on different planning applications. If yours is rambling, it might just be skimmed through or go the the back of the queue for reading.
● DON’T stray into other local or political matters.
● DO make it easy for the Planning Officer to follow your reasoning. If you are quoting from say, a Council policy or a legal document, concisely spell out the key text, and quote a web link (URL) and a specific para/page – they shouldn’t be expected to look through a whole long document.
● DON’T get personal or overly emotional about the Council, etc. Treat the Planning Officer with the same respect with which everyone should show to you.
● DO keep your objection to maybe 1 to 4 punchy reasons. An exception might be if you have experience of planning law and can help the Planning Officer identify technicalities for refusing the application.
● DON’T object on human health grounds alone, although you can mention anxiety caused about health. Objections to the siting and appearance of a mast (e.g.) on visual and amenity grounds (like it being out of character for an area) will be taken into account..
● DO give your credentials for objecting e.g.
“As a local resident” (if particularly local, the planning portal might offer choices to tick)
If it’s not clear from your address, it may be useful to add something on the lines of:
“As a regular visitor to…”
“As someone who works in…”
“As someone with family living in…”
“As someone who exercises near…”
“As as conservationist….”
“As a member of a local group…” (which can be a congregation, historical society, allotments users, etc).
SOME RECENT PLANNING APPLICATIONS
For more information and action: www.saynoto5g.uk/rylett.htm
Proposed site: Junction of Rylett Rd and Goldhawk Rd, W12 9NJ (by John Betts House)
Deadline: 19 August.
For more information and action: www.saynoto5g.uk/westken.htm
Proposed site: Opposite 146A North End Road, W14 9PP (Fast Way Cars)
Deadline: 2 September.
For more information and action: www.saynoto5g.uk/plaistow.pdf
Proposed site: 223 Boundary Rd, Plaistow, E13 9QF (junction with Lonsdale Avenue and Boundary Lane),
Deadline: 27 August.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT